blurt v : utter impulsively; "He blurted out the secret"; "He blundered his stupid ideas" [syn: blurt out, blunder out, blunder, ejaculate]
to speak suddenly and unadvisedly
- Finnish: möläyttää
Blurt is a musical group founded by poet, saxophonist and puppeteer Ted Milton in 1980 in Stroud, Gloucestershire. Ted Milton's brother Jake Milton, formerly in psychedelic group Quintessence, on drums and Peter Creese on guitar. After three albums Creese left the band to be replaced by Steve Eagles, former member of Satans Rats, The Photos and Bang Bang Machine. Shortly thereafter brother Jake left to be replaced by Paul Wigens, with a short interim on drums by Nic Murcott. Eagles was replaced by Chris Vine as guitarist from 1990 to 1994. The latest drummer in the band is Bob Leith, also on drums in Cardiacs.
Blurt's compositions are based around repetitive minimalistic guitar and/or saxophone phrases with relentless, machine-like drum beats, over which Ted Milton orates his lyrics in a variety of "voices".
Blurt's music is featured on the soundtrack of the german movie "Abendland."
DiscographyChart placings shown from the UK Indie Chart.
- My Mother Was A Friend Of An Enemy Of The People / Get (7") (1980) Test Pressings #12
- In Berlin (LP) (1981) Armageddon #14
- The Fish Needs A Bike (7") (1981) Armageddon #46
- 13 Febr. 1982 (7") (1982) Big Balumbas in Burundi
- Blurt (LP) (1982) Red Flame
- The Ruminant Plinth / Spill The Beans (12") (1983) Red Flame
- Bullets For You (LP) (1984) Divine
- White Line Fever (12") (1984) Another Side
- Friday The 12th (LP) (1985) Another Side
- Poppycock (LP) (1986) Toeblock
- Smoke Time (LP) (1987) Toeblock, Line Records
- The Body That They Built To Fit The Car (12") (1987) Toeblock, Line Records
- Kenny Rogers Greatest Hit (LP) (1989) Visa
- Kenny Rogers Greatest Hit (Take 2) (LP) (1989) Toeblock
- Pagan Strings (LP) (1992) Toeblock
- Magic Moments (CD) (1995) Bahia Music
- Celebrating The Bespoke Cell Of Little Ease (CD) (1999) Bahia Music
- The Best Of Blurt - Volume 1 - The Fish Needs A Bike (CD) (2003) Salamander (2)
- The Best Of Blurt - Volume 2 - The Body That They Built To Fit The Car (CD) (2006) Salamander (2)
Tracks Appear On:
- A Factory Quartet (2xLP):Puppeteer, Dyslexia Rules K.O., Some Come, Benighted (1980) Factory
- Audio Visual (LP): Gravespit (Live), Sweatbox (1985)
- Hits $ Corruption (LP): Poppycock, Hits $ Corruption (1986)
- Q.E.D. (2xLP + 7"): Man To Fly, N.L. Centrum (1988)
- Rough Trade Shops - Post Punk 01 (2xCD): The Fish Needs A Bike (2003) Mute Records Ltd.
- Blurt home page http://www.tedmilton.com
- posteverything.com http://www.posteverything.com/artists/artist.php?id=11935
- My space.com http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=92967094
blurt in Dutch: Blurt
allude to, babble, be indiscreet, be unguarded, betray, betray a confidence, blab, blabber, blurt out, burst out, call attention to, comment, disclose, divulge, ejaculate, exclaim, give away, inform, inform on, interject, leak, let drop, let fall, let slip, make reference to, mention, muse, note, observe, opine, peach, rat, refer to, reflect, remark, reveal, reveal a secret, sing, speak, spill, spill the beans, squeal, stool, talk, tattle, tattle on, tell on, tell secrets, tell tales, utter